1. Ottawa’s emerging CRMA-nominated country star Kira Isabella sang the national anthem to open the Sens vs. Leafs game last night. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a better performance. Given the cheers of the crowd, I think most would agree that it was absolutely sensational. You can watch Kira’s performance HERE.
2. Vancouver’s emerging rock ‘n roll star Stef Lang has released a new single, “Paper Doll” and has generously offered it as a FREE download HERE. She has announced a nation-wide tour that will commence at the end of March. You can view a tentative list of dates HERE.
3. Avril Lavigne has completed two nights of performances at Tokyo’s Saitama Super Arena as she launches the final leg of her Black Star Tour. Japan is the second largest music market in the world and the Japanese are among her most avid fans. Three of Avril’s albums have been certified DIAMOND in Japan. She has released a snippet video of her concert, a tour-de-force a capella performance. You can watch it HERE. While in Tokyo, the pop punk princess tried her hand at taiko drumming: video HERE.
4. Bryan Adams will be on tour in Japan soon. He’ll tour Europe in March and Canada starting in April. We’ll post more info on his Canadian concert tour later on.
5. Mia Martina, the sultry voice behind “Stereo Love”, “Latin Moon”, and “Burning” will be touring the major cities in western Canada very soon:
Feb 14: Fortune Sound Club, Vancouver
Feb 15: Back Alley, Calgary
Feb 16: Treasury Vodka Bar & Eatery, Edmonton
Feb 17: Fame Night Club, Winnipeg